As they say down South....We finna have some fun with this!
Given our hyper focus on making Mr. Tod's a household name, we certainly know which product to lead with:
- Culturally the #1 food item (not just dessert) in the African-American community
- A product that resonates within the Black community; who's spending power exceeds $1 trillion
- The pie Mary Bethune sold as a fundraiser to save her fledgling private all girls school in Daytona, Florida, which went on to become Bethune Cookman University
- A Southern staple in the homes and on the holiday dinner tables of many regardless of race
- Given it's cultural significance, a product that is highly defensible from a mass marketing perspective - not everyone can be the Sweet Potato Pie King or Queen
My Godfather told me years ago, "Anyone can make a pie, but not everyone can build a brand."
This extension will go along ways towards helping us achieve that goal of solidifying Mr. Tod's as the #1 brand of Sweet Potato Pie in America.
PIE THAT BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER